December 23, 2020
Salmon Patties with a papaya Salad
These nutritious burgers are bursting with skin enhancing goodness and they are super simple and quick to make. Pairing these with a papaya salad, rich in inflammation reducing nutrients, makes it a perfectly balanced meal.
Ingredients - Patties
4 Wild Alaskan Salmon steaks, skinned and roughly chopped
Bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
Bunch of coriander, chopped
1 large clove of garlic or 2 small cloves, grated
1 tbsp fish sauce
I whole egg
Good pinch of sea salt
¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
½ cucumber, sliced thinly
2 handfuls of rocket/mixed leaves
1 ripe papaya, deseeded, skinned and chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes (I use Coconut Merchants, optional)
Coriander, Mint & Lime Dressing
3 tablespoons EV olive oil
Zest of 2 limes
Juice of 2 limes, roughly ¼ cup
¼ cup chopped coriander
¼ cup chopped mint
2 spring onions, sliced
½ - 1 Red Chilli finely chopped (depends on how spicy you like your dressing)
2 teaspoons honey
Good pinch of salt
- Prepare the patties first by roughly slicing the spring onions, chopping coriander, grating garlic
- Add to to blender with fish sauce, sea salt, egg and pulse until blended
- Transfer to a dish and place in fridge for 1/2hr to firm up.
- Divide the mixture into 8 even patties and lay onto baking parchment until needed.
- Prepare the salad by slicing the onions and cucumber and place in bowl
- Deseed, peel and slice the papaya, add to bowl and set aside
- Make the dressing by pouring the olive oil into a jug and grate the zest of 2 limes
- Add the lime juice, chopped spring onions, chilli, honey, salt and herbs, taste and set aside
- Now pan fry the patties in a heavy based pan with lid and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Heat oil and add the patties, turn down the heat and cook until golden brown, about 4-5mins on each side.
- Place all salad ingredients into a bowl with the prepared avocado and salad leaves, stir in the dressing and pour into your favourite bowl
- Serve with the warm patties