DIY Hand Masks
to Make at Home
Are your hands feeling parched from extreme washings and the constant use of hand sanitiser? Luckily, we have a few DIY hand mask recipes for you to create at home to bring that much-needed moisture and TLC.
While under lockdown (and after!), you can cCombineing cheap affordable and easy to find ingredients that are probably already in your fridge or cupboard to create theseis super effective treatments to take care of the driest of hands—no. No need to book a mani. manicurist needed!
Try any of the recipes below. Take a moment for self-care and relaxation, while making sure to spend a few minutes massaging your hands. Pay special attention to any dry areas to help absorption and boost circulation.
While waiting for the ingredients to work their its magic, sit back, relax and enjoy an episode or two of your favourite Netflix shows, or combining combine it your newfound hand care ritual with a meditation moment to make it a perfect wellness session for looking after your body and mind. Just take your pick of any of the recipes below!
Lemon & Sugar Hand Scrub
The benefits of lemon and sugar scrubs are wonderful in many ways. Lemon is a natural source of Vvitamin C, which helps to lighten dark spots from sun exposure and other discolourations. Sugar is a natural exfoliator, and great at removing dead skin cells.
- 85g of sugar
- 32g of either coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 lemon or lemon juice concentrate
- Slowly add oil to sugar in your container of choice.
- Add the juice of one lemon.
- Mix well until the consistency of damp sand.
- Apply to hands and rub them together.
- Rinse and apply hand cream.
- Save the rest to use at a later date.
Exfoliating Hand treatment
This effective hand treatment contains sea salt to exfoliate dead skin cells. The mixture of oatmeal, coconut oil and aloe vera gel provides a moisturising and soothing effect for the skin.
- 64g of oatmeal
- 64g of coarse sea salt
- 64g of softened coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Apply to hands and gently scrub in a circular motion for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse and follow with a your favourite hand cream.
Avocado Hand Mask
Avocados are a source of biotin, which helps to soften dry skin and nails. Yoghurt contains lactic acid, which hydrates and exfoliates. While honey attracts moisture to the skin and olive oil adds conditioning benefits.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of plain yoghurt
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Apply to your hands.
- First, wrap your hands in plastic bags or latex gloves and then a towel to allow the mask to penetrate the skin more effectively.
- Leave for 10-20 minutes.
- Unwrap and rinse off the excess.
- Follow with a hand cream.
Coconut Oil Hand Treatment
Coconut oil is known for its antioxidant properties that can help to restore the skin’s natural PH levels. Leaving your hands silky and smooth.
- 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil
- Rub the oil into your hands & cuticles.
- Wrap each hand in a small towel.
- Allow the oil to penetrate for at least 5 minutes.
- Wipe off the excess oil (do not rinse).
- Follow with a hand cream.