Boost Your Immune System
with Rosie Millen
is a fully qualified Nutritional Therapist who set up her company Miss Nutritionist in 2010. In 2014 she collapsed from too much stress and was bed bound for three years straight. After being diagnosed with severe burnout she had to make a lot of difficult changes to get back on her feet. Now she is 100% recovered she specialises in fatigue and helps men and women to regain their energy just by making changes to their diet and lifestyle.
Rosie has personally coached thousands of women to increase their energy, helped multiple companies give their employees more energy and written hundreds of blog posts on how to recovery from burnout and has just published her first book on the subject: Burnout’s a B*tch - the antidote to the overworked world we live in.
Rosie has put together her 5 top tips to boost the immune system along with a nourishing recipe that we could all use to uplift the mind and body right now!
- Increase foods high in Vitamin C - this is mostly fruits and vegetables which are powerhouse of nutrients and contain antioxidants such as vitamin C and beta-carotene. These nutrients are vital for fighting off infections. You can also take a Vitamin C supplement everyday.
- Eat prebiotic foods such as onions, garlic and sauerkraut. Prebiotic helps to feed the friendly bacteria in our gut. Onions and garlic have natural antiviral and antibiotic properties, which make them great for warding off germs.
- Get plenty of sleep! Stay in, rest and sleep where you can to keep your energy and immunity strong.
- Supplement with probiotics, which are your first line of defence when it comes to engulfing pathogens. They also help to lower waking cortisol levels so good if you are worried about all the hysteria. I like the ones by @optibac because they really work and are not expensive. (Not an AD) I just really like them.
- Eat foods high in Vitamin D - every cell in the body has Vitamin D receptors and it’s crucial for immune regulation. Increase foods such as tuna, salmon, eggs or you can supplement 2000iu per day
Here’s my immune boosting recipe, I hope you like it
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 red onion
1 garlic cloves
Pinch of hot chilli powder
1 can of chickpeas, drained
30g chopper coriander
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp rice flour.
Pop the sweet potatoes into a saucepan of hot water and bowl for 10 minutes until soft.
Meanwhile dice the onion and fry in a large frying pan on medium heat.
After a few minutes add crushed garlic and cook for a couple more minutes.
Add the salt and chilli and cook for 5 mins.
Remove the sweet potatoes from the saucepan and into a blender along with the chickpeas, onion and spices, egg, chopped coriander, flour and pulse until broken down until slightly chunky. Not too smooth.
Wipe the frying pan clean and heat some oil. Take a tbsp of the patty mixture, roll into a bowl and press down gently to form a patty shape.Fry for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. I was able to fry 4 at a time.
I hope you like my recipe and remember that nothing is permanent. Don’t stress yourself too much. No matter how bad the situation is, it will change. Stay safe x